Strategic Project Buyer
Inspirujeme k pokroku. Posouváme dopravní průmysl kupředu. Buďte součástí Wabtec i vy.
Dodáváme výrobky do celého světa, a to jak pro osobní, tak nákladní přepravu. Jsme stabilní společnost v perspektivním oboru a máme zakázky na více než 10 let dopředu.
We are looking for a Project Buyer (m/f/d) to join our Sourcing team in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. This position is allocated in Pilsen.
As member of the project core teams you will be the interface between the technical development, Global Commodity Buyers, Quality and suppliers.
- Manage all purchasing aspects of assigned projects
- Work with Project Teams and Commodity Buyers to drive supplier selection and guarantee successful development of engineered parts
- Liaise with R&D, Engineering and Field Services during the Design Phase
- Guarantee the best Total Cost of Ownership and challenge Faiveley Transport’s organization in order to improve the projects Contract Margin
- Establish and manage the Project Purchasing Plan as well as the schedule of long lead items (long lead time and critical purchase material list)
- Represent Purchasing in Project Core Team meetings and hold regular Material Cost Performance meetings with Project Management and Finance
- Follow-up of material costs vs. budget on commodity and project level including potential risks and opportunities
- Coordinate project related material cost reduction activities and harmonise with overall Project Improvement Plan
- Facilitate contact with suppliers to support the Parts Approval Process and provide support in management of claims towards suppliers
Qualification and Competencies:
- University degree in engineering or equivalent vocational training with further education is an advantage
- Project management experience in a similar industry with technical expertise is an advantage
- Ideally purchasing expertise (cost analysis, purchasing strategy, negotiation skills) and strong commitment, enjoyment and passion in project sourcing
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Proactive, open mind approach with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all functions in the company
- Problem solving attitude and mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Fluent English in word and writing, German language skills advantageous
What we can offer:
Not everyone offers flexible working hours. Mine does though. We work 7,5 hours per day. With us, you will only find a clean and modern work environment. We create opportunities for your career growth. With us, you are assured of a stable reward and a phone for private purposes. We are a company that operates and manufactures the transport of the future.
- 25 vacation days and 3 sick days per year
- Canteen and subsidized meals
- Company cottage in Šumava
- Great crew and help with adaptation
- Flexi Pass Card for leisure activities
- Language courses
- Contribution for pension ensurance 1000 CZK (after trial period)
- Discounted call rates for the family as well
- Summer and Christmas rewards
- Employee referral reward
- Commuting allowance 2 CZK/ km
- Corporate events and meetings
Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
*Please note that we do not accept agency candidate submissions without a formalized agreement with Wabtec Talent Acquisition. If you are an agency/third party Recruiter and have not been engaged by Wabtec for this search, we do not owe you a fee if you submit a candidate to the applicant tracking system that is ultimately hired.